Vancouver First Aid Ltd is committed to providing the highest quality and most up to date standards when teaching Red Cross standard first aid courses. The following is a course outline for a 16 hour, Red Cross standard first aid course provided by Vancouver First Aid.
- Introduction – 10 minutes. Play some games or tell some stories. We all need to get to know each other!
- The Red Cross – The Red Cross is an amazing organization with so many stories to tell and so many ways to help. Sit back, watch and listen to what the Red Cross is all about!
- Preparing to Respond – Simple facts and more stories about how to be prepared to respond to almost any first aid situation.
- The EMS System – Learn the facts behind the 9-1-1 system and what your taxes pay for! Learn about response times and what to expect when dialing for help from the good guys!
- Check, Call, Care – Almost as easy as A,B,C, the quick call care system is a great Red Cross way of responding to any first aid emergency. If you can remember Check, Call, Care, everything will be OK!
- Airway Emergencies – We all need to breath. Learn about the emergencies to do with your all important airway.
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies – Learn to respond when someone isn’t breathing right or if there heart isn’t working. No more mouth-to-mouth!
- First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest – Learn the latest ways of doing CPR. Its easier and simpler than ever!
- Head & Spine Injuries – Learn to deal with those serious head bumps and neck breaks. Learn to stabilize the spine so that you can save the limbs of a loved one, or friend or stranger!
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries – Dealing with bruises is more complicated than just adding ice. Learn all the cool ways of healing smarter and faster when suffering from strains, bruises and sprains.
- Wound Care – From big to small, everything but sewing up stitch’s. Learn what to do if your loved ones have a major cut or wound.
- Sudden Medical Emergencies – This part of the course has a whole wack of fun scenarios.
Environmental Emergencies – Here we learn what to do when we are way too hot for too long or way too cold for too long. Everything from Hypothermia to Heat Stroke. Learn the right ways of warming somebody up or cooling somebody down.
Sign up for a Standard First Aid course with Vancouver First Aid Ltd. No course is too full or too small, our courses always run!