This course is designed for candidates that want to learn the skills and knowledge required to become Red Cross First Aid instructors. This program is taught by a qualified Red Cross First Aid Instructor Trainer. Course topics include a skills testing component as well as effective teaching methodologies for First Aid and CPR.
This course is provided at our comfortable and conveniently located training centers throughout Vancouver and at our Surrey locations. To register for this program please ensure that you meet all prerequisites listed below. Then, simply scroll to the bottom of this page to choose a convenient available course date, time and location.
Red Cross First Aid / CPR / AED Instructor Course Prerequisites
To be eligible for this course, candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates must possess a current Standard First Aid with Health Care Provider CPR (CPR HCP) certificate
Cost of the Instructor Course
This Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED instructor course is $815 per participant.
Included in the cost of the course are applicable taxes, instructor materials, student textbooks, an Epi Pen Trainer and Red Cross Instructor DVDs.
The length of this course is 36 hours. It is typically completed within one full week (Monday to Friday).
Transfer and Refund Policy
We can not accept any transfers or refunds within 96 hours of this course. Prior to that time candidates can receive a full refund or transfer to an equivalent program.
Requirements for Completion
In order to successfully complete this course, individuals must:
- Attending 100% of the course
- Demonstrating first aid and CPR skills at an Instructor Level
- Completing the written exam with a minimum score of 80%
- Successfully completing at least 3 teaching presentations, demonstrating your instructional abilities
- Completing a co-teach with a fully certified Red Cross Instructor
Upon completion of this program and a required co-teach, candidates will be able to teach Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED programs and re-certification courses throughout Canada.
Candidates that successfully complete this course will be able to teach the following full and re-certification courses through the Red Cross:
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Emergency Childcare First Aid and CPR
- Standard Childcare First Aid and CPR
- CPR Level “C” and AED
- CPR Level “A” and AED
- CPR “HCP” and AED
- Basic Marine First Aid
- Red Cross Babysitting Course
How to Register
To register for this Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED instructor course, simply select the course from below and complete the registration form. To ensure your spot in this course you are required to pre-pay. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 778-709-9180 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.