Child saved with CPR after choking on scarf recovering in hospital

A child is under treatment in a healthcare facility after her scarf was caught in playground equipment and choked her.

Playground accident

The police were requested to help with the paramedics and fire department at a school playground at O.S. Geiger School in the northeast neighborhood of Castleridge. The report is about a medical emergency.

Vancouver first aid
After CPR was performed, the girl was able to breathe on her own.

At one point, the police also received reports that the child who was choked by a scarf was unresponsive and not breathing. After CPR was performed, the girl was able to breathe on her own.

The EMS transported
the 6-year old to Alberta Children’s Hospital.

For more information
about this story, click
here
.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a training course on CPR and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/cpr#1

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.