Infant dead after run over by a vehicle

An infant died while inside a tent sleeping. According to a witness a vehicle backed over the tent at a drive-in theater on South Shore.  The incident happened at around 11:30 in the evening as people started leaving the area in their cars.

Vehicular accident

According to a witness named Jean-Simon Lavoie, she was in the area when the incident happened. Some cars started pulling out from the outdoor theater when suddenly a vehicle backed over a small tent with a 4-month old baby girl was sleeping. People are screaming and saw a person already trying to provide first aid and CPR on the baby. The baby did not survive due to her injuries. There was blood and I have not seen this kind of incident.

Vancouver first aid
People are screaming and saw a person already trying to provide first aid and CPR on the baby.

The parents of the baby later recalled before the incident, that they were gathering their lawn chairs. They placed the baby next to their car as they were packing up after the movie. They were about to pick up their baby and seat her inside their car when the incident happened.

According to a witness, the movie had just ended and the second film was about to start and some people started leaving the area in their cars. Suddenly he heard people screaming and some tried to help by providing initial first aid and CPR on the baby.

The head injuries of the baby were very severe. Paramedics arrived in the area and immediately continued providing first aid and CPR. They immediately brought the baby to the hospital and eventually declared dead due to her injuries.

The parents of the baby and first responders were treated for shock. The police believe what happened to the baby was an accident. Charges will not be laid on the driver. According to the Lonqueuil police, there was no indication there was the use of alcohol in the incident.

A spokesperson for the outdoor cinema, and also the operator and owner, send his condolences to the family in an email to a radio station. They were deeply disappointed by the incident.

Furthermore, according to the spokesperson of the outdoor cinema, the incident was very shocking. It is the first time that this incident happened in 50 years. This outdoor cinema has 8 security guards that patrol the area and advises parents to take care of their children. We can’t have eyes everywhere.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a first aid and CPR course and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_infant-first-aid-for-choking-and-cpr-an-illustrated-guide_9298.bc
https://www.healthline.com/health/first-aid/cpr
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiopulmonary_resuscitation

Tags: , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Captcha *

Call Now Button