Man dies during two-alarm fire despite CPR

A 66-year old man died in an early morning fire on Appleton Avenue in Cote-des-Neiges. Around 70 firefighters responded to the call around 6:40 AM and performed first aid care.

Scary blaze

The man who was the owner of the 2-storey building was found unconscious in his 2nd floor apartment. The firefighters performed CPR, but the man remained unconscious while on the way to a healthcare facility where he was later declared dead.

Vancouver first aid

The firefighters performed CPR, but the man remained unconscious while on the way to a healthcare facility where he was later declared dead.

According to Jean-Pierre Brabant of the SPVM, upon the arrival of the fire department, they controlled the scene, performed searches and discovered an unconscious man inside the apartment. The man was taken to the hospital and later declared dead.

At the same scene, the firefighter also fractured his leg and arm. The firefighter fell into a hole caused by the fire.

According to the firefighters, the second floor of the apartment is a total loss worth thousands of dollars in damage.

Community concern

People in the site were shocked and saddened by the fire and the damage it caused. According to one of the residents, it can be hard to see people displaced right before Christmas.

The investigator was transferred to the Montreal Police arson squad who have not established the root cause of the fire.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a CPR training and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Basic-First-Aid

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

https://www.healthline.com/health/first-aid/cpr

Tags: , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Captcha *

Call Now Button