A man who overdosed at Occupy Vancouver was given CPR. The authorities are crediting an on-site medic at Occupy Vancouver for saving the life of a man who overdosed at the camp.
Dangers of overdose
The man who is in his late 20s or early 30s went into cardiac arrest behind the Vancouver Art Gallery, where dozens of protestors have been living in tents since mid-October.
Vancouver Fire Chief John McKearney stated that the quick response of a medic at the camp who resuscitated the man’s breathing and pulse before the arrival of the paramedics prevented a tragic outcome. CPR must be initiated within four to five minutes. It remains unclear what drug the man overdosed on.
The immediate delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) during emergencies can save a life. If promptly started, it helps improve the chances of survival during emergencies.
For more information about this story, click here.
Learn how to help by enrolling in a course on first aid and CPR and for more information, check out these sources: