CPR on girl choking on scarf saved her life

A young girl was choked after her scarf got caught on the playground. Supervisors were present at a northeast Calgary school but parents at O.S Geiger School are raising concerns on how the school managed the incident.

Unexpected incident

The police were called to help the paramedics and fire department at the school playground in Castleridge over lunch hour on a report of a medical emergency. Based on the report, a child was choked by a scarf caught in playground equipment. She was unresponsive and not breathing, but after CPR was able to breathe on her own.

Vancouver first aid
She was unresponsive and not breathing, but after CPR was able to breathe on her own.

The EMS transported
the 6-year old to Alberta Children’s Hospital.

Parents are demanding
answers from the school on what occurred. In a letter that was given to the
parents, the school indicated that supervisors were outside for lunch recess
and responded to the incident right away by calling 911.

For more information
about this story, click
here
.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a course on CPR and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/first-aid/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-cpr-treatment

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.