Archive | Respiratory Emergencies

RSS feed for this section
Vancouver first aid

Man who was given first aid after Burnaby fire dies

A man involved in a Burnaby fire was given first aid care. The man was found unconscious in a burning home in Burnaby. Sadly, he died in a healthcare facility despite the efforts of the firefighters, paramedics and one brave neighbor. Burnaby fire claims a life The fire broke out at a duplex on 16th […]

Vancouver first aid

Snowboarder who was found down in deep powder given CPR

A 27-year old snowboarder was given CPR after suffocation incident. The incident occurred at Whistler Blackcomb over the weekend. The victim has been identified by the province’s coroner service. Life on the line The BC Coroners Service identified the snowboarder as Matej Svana who had been living in Whistler at the time and was originally […]

carbon monoxide poisoning

Timely first aid: Rescued from carbon monoxide poisoning

A family of four is recovering from an almost deadly carbon monoxide poisoning in their Kitchener, Ontario home. Alicia Mighton and her mother spent the night out and returned home to a scary ordeal. According to Mighton, around 2:30 AM, her little sister and father were unconscious. She tried to wake them up but unsuccessful. […]